12th July current affairs
1.India and Kenya sign seven agreements covering defence, tourism, agriculture and trade.
2. Mr. Modi addressed the students of the University of Nairobi in Kenya.
3. India would provide concessional credit of 60 million dollars for power transmission project to Kenya.
4. Prestigious Kenyata national hospitals will soon have the _state of the art made in India, Cancer therapy machine, Bhabhatrom…
5. The Prime minister spoke of M-pesa, which has benefited millions of people through financial inclusion in Africa.
6. M-Pesa (M for mobile, pesa is Swahili for money) is a mobile phone-based money transfer, financing and microfinancing service, launched in 2007 by Vodafone for Safaricom and Vodacom, the largest mobile network operators in Kenya and Tanzania.
7. The Centre has asked Chief Ministers, District Magistrates and superintendents of police of states to take proactive measures against the broadcast of unauthorised channels.
8. Theresa May is to become the UK’s Prime Minister on Wednesday evening