939 total views, 3 views today
24th July 2016 current affairs:
1. Prime Minister asks people with undeclared assets to come clean before 30th September to take benefit of Income Declaration Scheme.
2. Indian NGO worker Judith D’ Souza, kidnapped in Kabul last month, returns safely.
3. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the idea behind the Income Disclosure Scheme is to nudge India into becoming more and more compliant state.
4. Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has said, his government has taken stern step to seal Indo- Bangladesh border.
5. The Chief Minister said, 70 kilometres of river border will be sealed by using modern technology.
23rd July 2016 current affairs:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid the foundation stone of All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and inaugurated the revival of fertilizer factory at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
2. P.M said, a second green revolution should take place from eastern parts of Uttar Pradesh.
3.Search and rescue operation underway in Bay of Bengal for missing Indian Air Force aircraft AN-32
4. The Home Minister level talks between India and Bangladesh will be held on 28th of this month in New Delhi. A delegation led by Home Minister of Bangladesh will be on a three-day visit to India beginning from 27th July.
5. Last Home Minister level talks were held in December, 2012 in India and in January, 2013 in Bangladesh.
6. Companies can now obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number TAN within a day if they submit digital signature certificate based application.
7. The Supreme Court has asked the Centre to take over possession and secure the controversial Adarsh society building in Mumbai.
22nd July 2016 current affairs:
1. Prime Narendra Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated the second Integrated Checkpost of Petrapole-Benapole on the India Bangladesh western border.
2. This check post offers immigration, customs and border security clearances in a single window, will facilitate more economic integration and connectivity between the two countries and in the region.
3. Centre says Office of Profit has not been defined in any law; and disqualification of legislators working as Parliamentary Secretaries is a state subject.
4. Election Commission today reserved its order on the issue of ‘Office of Profit’ that seeks disqualification of 21 Aam Aadmi Party legislators for holding the post of parliamentary secretaries
20th July 2016 current affairs:
1.On the occasion of 70th Independence Day, BJP will organise week-long Tiranga Yatra next month. It will be carried out between 15th to 22nd August.
2. A Bill to amend Citizenship Act was introduced in parliament today to grant citizenship to minority communities of Indian origin from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh even if they do not provide required documents.
3. Those minorities include Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians who entered into India without any valid travel document or validity of their document have expired.
4. Government has detected undisclosed income of nearly 44 thousand crore rupees from domestic and foreign sources in the last two financial years.
5. Black Money Act enacted last year provided a one-time compliance window for declaration of undisclosed foreign assets.
6. Government has informed that there are over eight thousand wilful defaulters who owe banks an amount of around 76,000 crore rupees
7. Rajya Sabha has passed the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill 2012. The bill prohibits employment of children below 14 years in all occupations or processes except where the child helps his family, with the provision for imprisonment up to two years for any violation.
8. Government has made substantial changes in the Guidelines of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana to benefit more and more urban poor
9. Norms for formation of Self-Help Groups of urban poor have been relaxed allowing up to 10 members to form a group in hilly tracts and tribal areas as against 20 members previously.
10. The Philippines has rejected China’s request for talks on their South China Sea dispute because it asked Manila to disregard a court ruling on the issue
18th July 2016 current affairs:
1. UNESCO listed : Sikkim’s ‘khangchendzonga National Park’, Le Corbusier’s works-including Chandigarh, Nalanda University as UNESCO World Heritage at it’s 40th session, currently ongoing at Istanbul, Turkey.
2. Important pending legislations in Rajya Sabha are Whistle Blowers Protection (Amendment) Bill, The Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, and The Enemy Property Bill
3. Important Bills pending in the Lower House include the Consumer Protection Bill and the Benami Transactions Amendment Bill.
4. Union Information & Broadcasting Minister Venkiah Naidu has said, the film censor mechanism will be revamped after a detailed study
5. In Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu has been sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Chowna Mein was also sworn-in as the Deputy Chief Minister.
6. UNESCO listed : Sikkim’s ‘khangchendzonga National Park’, Le Corbusier’s works-including Chandigarh, Nalanda University as UNESCO World Heritage at it’s 40th session, currently ongoing at Istanbul, Turkey.
16th July 2016 current affairs:
1. World leaders condemn terror attack in southern French city of Nice, which claimed 84 lives.
2. This attack happen in celebrations of France’s national day (14th July in Nice).
3. The Arunachal Pradesh Governor Tathagata Roy has turned down the request of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki to defer the Assembly session and floor test for another ten days.
4. In Madhya Pradesh, the Shivraj cabinet today gave its nod to set up Happiness Department in the state. This department will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness.
5. Madhya Pradesh is the first state of the country to set up the Happiness Department.
6. Fight against terrorism will remain the main issue in Ulan Baatar declaration to be signed tomorrow at the end of two-day 11th Asia Europe meeting (ASEM) summit being held in Mongolia.
7. Naadam festival related to Mongolia.
8. The Central govt has raised assistance for construction of community toilets from 27,000 rupees to 39,200 rupees per seat under Swachh Bharat Mission in urban areas.
9. 75 per cent increase in the central assistance for Municipal Solid Waste Management has also been approved.
10. world youth skills day—15th July
15th July 2016 current affairs:
1. Arunachal Governor asks newly reinstated Chief Minister Nabam Tuki to prove majority by Saturday
2. Stranded Indians in South Sudan for rescued under Sankat Mochan evacuation operation.
3.Indian Grand Master Harika Dronavalli wins Fide Women’s Grand Prix Trophy in China.
4. The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on black money has recommended a ban on cash transactions of above 3 lakh rupees in a day.
5. The SIT headed by retired Justice M B Shah, submitted its fifth report to the Supreme Court today.
6. Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari has reached Ulaan Baatar, the capital of Mongolia this evening.
7. He is leading the India delegation for two days 11th Asia Europe Meeting- ASEM-Summit (11th) starting from today.