288 total views, 3 views today
26th July 2016 current affairs:
1. Central govt has urged the States to remove all local taxes on essential food items to ensure adequate availability of pulses, edible oils and other food items at reasonable prices.
2. The Union Department of Consumer Affairs Ministry also asked them to review Agriculture Produce Market Committee Act on priority to delist pulses and other essential food items.
3. Nepal’s Prime Minister K P Oli resigned today ahead of a no-confidence vote.
4. Mumbai Cricket Association, MCA, president Sharad Pawar will quit his position in six months after the state body accepted the Supreme Court verdict on sweeping reforms in the BCCI and its affiliates.
5. According to supreme Court verdict on sweeping reforms in the BCCI and its affiliates, age cap of 70 years put on cricket administrators.
6. IAAF world Under – 20 athletics Championship going on in Bydgoszcz in Poland.
7. Narsingh Yadav, who was selected ahead of the celebrated Sushil Kumar, failed a dope test. National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) Director General Navin Agarwal.
8. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) today said, it will not impose a complete ban on Russia for next month’s Rio Olympics over the nation’s doping record
27th July 2016 current affairs:
1. Parliament has passed the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2016
2. The bill seeks to prohibit the employment of children below 14 in all occupations and enterprises, except those run by his or her own family.
3. Punishment involves a jail term of up to two years and penalty upto fifty thousand rupees.
4. The Bill also defines children between 14 to 18 years as adolescents and bars their employment in any hazardous occupations.
5. 17th Kargil Vijay Diwas was observed today. The day is observed on the 26th July every year in honor of the Kargil War Heroes.
6. The empowered committee of State Finance Ministers on Goods and Services Tax has decided the principle of GST rate, The chairman of the committee was Dr Amit Mitra.
7. In Manipur, civil rights activist Irom Sharmila has decided to end her fast on 9th of next month and contest Assembly elections as an Independent candidate.
8. Irom Sharmila has been fasting since last sixteen years demanding repeal of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act.
9. The central government issued notification of 7th Pay commission.
10. Ashwin, is the third Indian to be top-ranked among test all-rounders after Vinoo Mankad and Kapil Dev,
31st July 2016 current affairs:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation through Mann Ki Baat programme on All India Radio, it will be the 22nd edition of the programme.
2. In the last addition of Mann Ki Baat programme, Prime Minister had urged people to save every drop of water and take measures for water harvesting.
3. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said there is a need to attract more global investments to India. The Finance Minister emphasised that taxation system should be credible and stable.
4. External Affairs Minister Mrs. Sushma Swaraj has asked Indian embassy in Riyadh to provide free ration to the unemployed Indian workers who are facing extreme hardship in Saudi Arabia.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off the RUN FOR RIO in New Delhi today to celebrate the Olympic mood in the country.
6. The run will commence from Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium and will end at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
Also Read current-affairs-15 to 24 july 2016