Current Affairs Today 3 June 2017
• China has emerged as world’s biggest producer of solar energy as per data shared by the National Energy Administration (NEA) of China on 4th February 2017.
• Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) is a group of nuclear supplier countries that seek to prevent nuclear proliferation by controlling the export of materials, equipment, and technology that can be used to manufacture nuclear weapons.
As of Feb 2017, the NSG has 48 members.
• The new quantum communication line links Hefei, the capital of Anhui province, to Shanghai, China’s financial hub.
Quantum networks allow for the transportation of quantum information between physically separate quantum systems.
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has pro- posed the opening of “Islamic window” in conventional banks for “gradual” introduction of Sharia-compliant or interest-free banking in the country.
• Faraaz Ayaaz Hossain, one of the three Bangladeshi hostages killed in the terrorist attack on Holy Cafe in Dhaka’s Gulshan diplomatic zone on July 1, 2016, was awarded the Mother Teresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice 2016, posthumously.
• HDFC Bank’s Aditya Puri has been ranked 36th in the US magazine Fortune’s top 50 business persons list for 2016 and is the only Indian among three persons of Indian origin in the global rankings.
• BSE has introduced a data analytics- based solution that relies on artificial intelligence to track news related to listed companies on digital media using social media.
• Business software maker Oracle Corp has announced to buy Dyn, a monitor of global internet performance and traffic, to allow cloud customers to optimize their infrastructure costs and increase web-driven revenue.
• Award-winning Hollywood film producer and Wimbledon tennis player, Ashok Amritraj has been appointed the United Nations in India Goodwill Ambassador for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Chairman and CEO of the Hyde Park Entertainment Group, Mr. Amritraj is the first Ambassador for the UN in India.
• Rajendra Kumar Pachauri was the former chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
• The three-day (28th to 30th January) North East Film Festival (NEFF) National Film Archive of India, was held at Pune.
• Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojna (PMJDY) was launched on August 28, 2014.
• For the first time the “Symposium on Space Science and Technology 2016” at the Sci-Tech Complex in North Korea.
More than 200 research papers were sub- mitted as part of this is the first symposium.
• The National Cadet Corps is the Indian military cadet corps with its Headquarters at New Delhi, India.
The 68th-anniversary celebrations of the National Cadet Corps observed on November 27, 2016.
• The Centre announced a new committee, headed by Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, to form a strategy to expedite the process of transforming India into a cashless economy.
• Nico Erik Rosberg is a German driver, currently racing for the team. He is the 2016 Formula One World Champion.
• The All India Conference of the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) was held in New Delhi from November 26- 27, 2016.
• The Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister, Radha Mohan Singh launched e-pashuhaat portal on the occasion of National Milk Day in New Delhi.
• Liaoning is the first Chinese aircraft carrier commissioned into the People’s Liberation Army Navy Surface Force.
It is classified as a training ship, intended to allow the Navy to practice with carrier usage.