152 total views, 1 views today
Latest Current Affairs:05 JUNE 2017
• India’s largest online retailer Flipkart has raised a total of $1.4 billion from China’s Tencent, U.S. – based ecommerce firm eBay and software maker Microsoft.
The Bengaluru-based firm will also buy eBay’s India business as part of the transaction.
• In April, 2017 Cairn India has completed its merger with Vedanta. This merger consoli- dates Vedanta’s position as one of the worldís largest diversified natural resources companies, with world-class, low-cost assets in metals & mining and oil & gas.
High Speed Diesel:
• Assam based Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) and Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) has signed a sale-pur-chase Agreement for supply of High Speed Diesel (HSD) through the proposed 131 km Indo-Bangla friendship pipeline.
The pro- posed Indo-Bangla Friendship pipeline from NRL’s Marketing Terminal in Siliguri to BPC’s Depot at Parbatipur.
• Infosys announced the appointment of inde- pendent board member Ravi Venkatesan as co-chairman. Mr. Venkatesan, a former chair- man of Microsoft India, has been on the Infosys board since April 2011.
• A memorandum of understanding was signed for the capacity expansion of the Numaligarh Refinery in Assam. The MoU was signed among Paradip Port Trust, Indian Oil CorporationLimited and Numaligarh Refinery Limited. Under the expansion project, a 28- inch diameter and 1400-kilometre-long crude oil pipeline of 1 MMTPA capacity will be laid for transporting 6 mmtpa of imported crude oil from Paradip Port in Odisha to Numaligarh in Assam.
• ABB India has bagged a contract worth Rs.178 crore from Power Grid Corporation of Bangladesh (PGCB) for setting up two new sub-stations and upgrading two existing ones.
• Payments Technology Company and soon- to-be-launched payments bank Fino Paytech to facilitate NABARD to help the rural bank digitization drive in the states of Haryana, MP, Bihar, Gujarat and Maharashtra. Fino will pro- vide over 5000 Aadhaar enabled micro ATMs and financial inclusion gateway services to district central cooperative (DCC) banks
• Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) across these states.